Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it?

+15
AngelsFallFirst
funeral freak
TearsOfNightfall
Scarygothgirl
themetalinme
The Key
Scrin
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Dark_Star
Kate
Franneke
wildchild
Marit
PurpleFusions
Caz
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it?

Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_lcap4%Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_lcap4%Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_lcap7%Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_lcap41%Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]
Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_lcap44%Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 27

Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Empty Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:07 pm

5/5. I was a bit hesitant about this album as I couldn't imagine how they would sound without Tarja but they proved they could overcome it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Empty Re: Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it?

Post by Caz Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:14 pm

4/5 I rarely give a 5 for any album Razz There's always some improvement that needs to be done in my eyes Wink It's a great album but songs like Meadows of Heaven and Eva let it down, especially MoH. I really detest that song
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots
Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Empty Re: Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:15 pm

I like both of those songs. I guess everyone has their own opinion though and all I can do is respect them.

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleFusions Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Love this album, so another 5/5 from me. However, I'm not that into songs like Master Passion Greed especially, and For The Heart I Once Had sometimes gets to me, but the rest is pretty much flawless.
PurpleFusions
PurpleFusions
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 185
Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dark Passion Play - How do you rate it? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 pm

5/5 I like this album very muc. It's perfect. Anette is very good replacement for Tarja. I like her voice and it fits with Marco's voice well. Musically is this album super though.... Very Happy
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Great album...first I tough songs wre simple,but when I listened to the orcestral versions,I realised how complex they are

My favourite:Master passion greed
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 pm

That's a good point. When you listen the the instrumental cd, you realise how much has gone into each song.

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:35 pm

s_dudley wrote:That's a good point. When you listen the the instrumental cd, you realise how much has gone into each song.
yeah,that's right...at the first time,Amarant sounds like a simple song to you...but when you listen to instrumental cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:25 am

5/5 of ocurse!

here they show they are a band, with music over the singers and stuff Razz

I mean, they prove they can stand without Tarja or whatever singer else, cos is the music inself what made this band! IMO ! Smile
and to me, Anette made a great job here!!! ^^
Franneke
Franneke
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 361

Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:48 pm

I really love this album but give it 4/5 because of songs like Meadows of Heaven and Cadence of Her Last Breath. I don't like either of these songs much, especially COHLB because I think that sounds like Evanescence and I can't stand them.

The rest of the album is brilliant though.
Kate
Kate
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 41
Humor : Depends on what it is

Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Star Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 pm

4/5

It's not my favorite Nightwish album but it has it's moments. The Poet And The Pendulum is definitely one of their very best.
Dark_Star
Dark_Star
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 95

http://www.myspace.com/priscillapotts

Back to top Go down

Post by Deceiver-Of-Fools Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Any album that has The Poet and The Pendulum and The Islander deserves 5/5...but I docked cause of Cadence of her last breath. It's good...just not Nightwish good.
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 13

Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrin Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:46 pm

im going to say 7 days and amaranth where the best songs on the album
Scrin
Scrin
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 3

Registration date : 2008-03-30

http://www.myspace.com/pezakadjpedro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:59 pm

1/5
I dont like the music and the femme voice..
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 383
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sat May 03, 2008 2:57 am

so you dont like NW then?

to me the band now has growing LOTS, TONS, with this new album
to me is better than Once, but not than Oceanborn or WM, but is still NW in essence, and i love it! ^^
Franneke
Franneke
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Mon May 05, 2008 5:52 am

What? I love NW (old era, of course).
But I cant stand their new singer, SO, I cannot stand their new album. I think the voice of that girl is really poor.
Only my opinion.
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 383
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!

Back to top Go down

Post by themetalinme Mon May 05, 2008 8:26 pm

I think that it's a huge improvement on Once. But I think that all their albums are an improvement on Once. Razz
themetalinme
themetalinme
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 262

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Mon May 05, 2008 8:55 pm

I'd give DPP 5/5 because it is amazing. I love Anette, she's brought a whole new aspect to the band, and she's at least nice to them as well.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1125
Humor : Mainly sarcastic, but is that not what humour is these days?

Registration date : 2008-03-27

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Buodicca/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by TearsOfNightfall Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:22 pm

4/5

It's still a great album, but I don't feel it has quite the magic as Nightwish's four middle releases (Oceanborn, Wishmaster, Century Child, Once).

I do think that Tarja's rich voice gave the music a more mature and darker sound, as opposed to Anette's voice, which I do like, and I think she has her own unique charm, but too me it also sounds a bit thinner and more childish. However, I don't think it's Anette's voice that brings the album down a score from the others for me.

The thing with this album that makes it harder for me to get into is that it doesn't really have it's own unique, unified atmosphere like all their other albums do, which is something I always like. Another thing is that I think Toumas was simply trying way too hard with this album, both lyrically and musically...I think DPP is perhaps a bit overdone, which made it lose some of it's natural magic and innocence.

Still, there are some great tracks (Cadence Of Her Last Breath, TPATP, Sahara, etc), and I ironically love the B-sides (The Escapist and While Your Lips Are Still Red).
TearsOfNightfall
TearsOfNightfall
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Post by funeral freak Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:34 am

4/5

itīs really good, good beginning for anette an for the new NW..............
funeral freak
funeral freak
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 784

Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelsFallFirst Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:05 pm

I went with 4.
I like it but I'm just not too fond of some of the songs.
Just got a bit bored with "Cadence of her last breath" and "Eva" I listen to those two very rarely if at all.
Top five imo;
TPATP
Whoever brings the night.
Bye bye beautiful.
Last of the wilds.
For the heart I once had.
AngelsFallFirst
AngelsFallFirst
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 21
Humor : Weird.

Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:09 pm

3/5

I was dissapointed by it. I heard a lot of mainstream in the cd and could only withstand Anette's high pitch vocals for only aa small amount at a time.
They lyrics were pretty good. Songs such as Sahara and 7 Days to the wolves were great but Eva and Meadows of Heavens were just painful to listen to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:51 am

now I give it 5/5!

Totally beautiful, love it!!!! This albums makes me love even more Nightwish and got to appreciate what great musicians and persons they are, love it love it love it love it Razz
Franneke
Franneke
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:00 pm

I can only say : GREAT!!!!!
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Humor : Hehehehehehe

Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by funeral freak Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:29 am

Im not sure if I posted before, but is a good album and anette has a great begining
funeral freak
funeral freak
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 784

Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next