Appreciation Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Appreciation Thread

Post by Marit on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:50 pm

No negative comments please Very Happy If you have something bad to say about Anette then this is not the right place Very Happy




Anette took over rather great for Tarja, which must of been really hard to do because of angry Tarja diehard fans and the standard of her voice.


I personally like Anette very much. I think she is doing wonderful job in Nightwish Very Happy In fact it's being very hard because of these negative comments in live shows (that clip on youtube when someone is screaming Anette sucks in a very loud voice but Anette is only saying to him I love you too puss puss ) and of course because of Tarja diehards ( yeah Tarja is my fav. singer but I like Anette even more in Nightwish) I love Anette's vocals. Really great pure rock'n'roll Very Happy And for her age she looks beautiful too Smile
avatar
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780
Age : 23
Location : Estonia
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Caz on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:20 pm

Yep i think she's a good singer and a nice replacement for Tarja. I like her vocals, i think they're better suited to the direction that Nightwish want to go.

_________________
Femme Metal Store
Femme Metal WebZine
Femme Metal Forum
avatar
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Age : 36
Humor : Lots
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by wildchild on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:57 pm

(that clip on youtube when someone is screaming Anette sucks in a very loud voice but Anette is only saying to him I love you too puss puss )
wow,I would like to see that!

And for her age she looks beautiful too
yeah,I hope I will look that good when I become 37
avatar
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Marit on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:59 pm

wildchild wrote:
(that clip on youtube when someone is screaming Anette sucks in a very loud voice but Anette is only saying to him I love you too puss puss )
wow,I would like to see that!

And for her age she looks beautiful too
yeah,I hope I will look that good when I become 37

Here's the link Laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQIHaCLojs8
avatar
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780
Age : 23
Location : Estonia
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Caz on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Haha good for her!! Twisted Evil It's awful how supposed 'fans' treat her like that, is it her fault Tarja's gone? NOOOOO Rolling Eyes

_________________
Femme Metal Store
Femme Metal WebZine
Femme Metal Forum
avatar
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Age : 36
Humor : Lots
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:01 am

Caz wrote:Yep i think she's a good singer and a nice replacement for Tarja. I like her vocals, i think they're better suited to the direction that Nightwish want to go.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I loved Tarja in the band but it was never going to last. They were just too different for each other at the end so it's good that what has happened, has happened.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Franneke on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:28 pm

I really like her, dont know her personally tought Razz but I think she's such a warm and cute person ^^

About her job in NW, I also do like it, admire her ,she's so brave for stand all of htat negative vibes, comments and actions from angry die hard Tarja fans

I also think she's making a good job like singer, is the way the band want to follow now, so the only thing the band should do for get better live performance is get to down the old records to make fits her voice in those old songs, her voice is standard and down in comparison with the Tarja's vocals, but is not her fault!
avatar
Franneke
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 361
Age : 31
Location : Santiago,Chile
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-21

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:29 am

I thinks she's better than Tarja if i'm honest. The problem with Tarja was that she always seemed to be stuck on the high notes whatever the track was. Although Anette doesn't hit that height, she makes up for it by having a greater range around the level of her voice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by tomsbfc on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:24 pm

Anette is absolutely fantastic with the audience, they love her! Saw them in London last night and she looked absolutely stunning and from watching her perform you just wouldn't believe she'd only been in the band a short time!
avatar
tomsbfc
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 66
Age : 58
Location : Huntingdon, UK
Humor : Office, Extras, Blackadder, Steve Coogan, Gavin and Stacey
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Sounds like i'm in for a good night on Saturday then Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by tomsbfc on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm

I'm sure you will! The only disappointment was she didn't go to the meet and greet with the rest of the guys! Sad
avatar
tomsbfc
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 66
Age : 58
Location : Huntingdon, UK
Humor : Office, Extras, Blackadder, Steve Coogan, Gavin and Stacey
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:15 pm

You got to go to a meet and greet? lucky you. I have Jukka, Emppu and Marco's autographs though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by tomsbfc on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Yes, it was great to meet them all. Got a shirt signed with a permanent marker and a vinyl copy of DPP as well. They were all really nice and pretty much as you'd expect personality wise. Marco doing most of the talking (and joking), had a sensible conversation with Jukka and the other 2 speaking when spoken to! Very Happy
avatar
tomsbfc
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 66
Age : 58
Location : Huntingdon, UK
Humor : Office, Extras, Blackadder, Steve Coogan, Gavin and Stacey
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Cool afro I missed a chance to have met the Dragonforce guitarists in November at the black crusade. if only i'd gone to the bar with the rest of my mates Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by tomsbfc on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:56 pm

s_dudley wrote:Cool afro I missed a chance to have met the Dragonforce guitarists in November at the black crusade. if only i'd gone to the bar with the rest of my mates Sad

My wife actually works with the cousin of a member of Dragonforce (drummer i think) at Sainsburys in Huntingdon. Don't know if he'll be good for any freebies, my wife says he prefers '80's music! Very Happy
avatar
tomsbfc
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 66
Age : 58
Location : Huntingdon, UK
Humor : Office, Extras, Blackadder, Steve Coogan, Gavin and Stacey
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Don't blame him. Apart from Nightwish I could easily listen to 80's music all the time.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by wildchild on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:29 am

s_dudley wrote:I thinks she's better than Tarja if i'm honest. The problem with Tarja was that she always seemed to be stuck on the high notes whatever the track was. Although Anette doesn't hit that height, she makes up for it by having a greater range around the level of her voice.

Tarja has a great voice...but she makes horrible mistakes while singing live.

She didn't have problems in Oceanborn/Wishmaster era...but when she had to change her singing style in CC and Once,that is where the problems begun.It just sucks live.It makes me sick whenever I watch End of an era.I mean,that high-pitched screaming without any sense...and how she pronounces English.(watch Nemo live from EOAE:Neijmo maj nijm foriver mour)

She comes on the stage dressed in a cool dress,looks beautiful...and then she starts:dis is mi,for forivr,van of di lost vans......then I want to jump out of my skin. Crying or Very sad
avatar
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:40 am

When I went to see them on their "Once" tour she was brilliant. It was the best concert that i've ever been to. I guess she just had her good nights and her bad nights.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Caz on Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:02 pm

tomsbfc wrote:Anette is absolutely fantastic with the audience, they love her! Saw them in London last night and she looked absolutely stunning and from watching her perform you just wouldn't believe she'd only been in the band a short time!

You are so right! I am so impressed with her now, she was amazing. I have to admit that on hearing DPP i thought she was just mediocre but i was so wrong, she is much more then that! Her stage presence was fantastic and she seemed to be having the time of her life, not to mention she sang beautifully

_________________
Femme Metal Store
Femme Metal WebZine
Femme Metal Forum
avatar
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Age : 36
Humor : Lots
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Marit on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:38 pm

wildchild wrote:
s_dudley wrote:I thinks she's better than Tarja if i'm honest. The problem with Tarja was that she always seemed to be stuck on the high notes whatever the track was. Although Anette doesn't hit that height, she makes up for it by having a greater range around the level of her voice.

Tarja has a great voice...but she makes horrible mistakes while singing live.

She didn't have problems in Oceanborn/Wishmaster era...but when she had to change her singing style in CC and Once,that is where the problems begun.It just sucks live.It makes me sick whenever I watch End of an era.I mean,that high-pitched screaming without any sense...and how she pronounces English.(watch Nemo live from EOAE:Neijmo maj nijm foriver mour)

She comes on the stage dressed in a cool dress,looks beautiful...and then she starts:dis is mi,for forivr,van of di lost vans......then I want to jump out of my skin. Crying or Very sad

*coughs* IMO her accent is lovely and I just love how she sings with accent.... Razz
avatar
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780
Age : 23
Location : Estonia
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by wildchild on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Marit wrote:
wildchild wrote:
s_dudley wrote:I thinks she's better than Tarja if i'm honest. The problem with Tarja was that she always seemed to be stuck on the high notes whatever the track was. Although Anette doesn't hit that height, she makes up for it by having a greater range around the level of her voice.

Tarja has a great voice...but she makes horrible mistakes while singing live.

She didn't have problems in Oceanborn/Wishmaster era...but when she had to change her singing style in CC and Once,that is where the problems begun.It just sucks live.It makes me sick whenever I watch End of an era.I mean,that high-pitched screaming without any sense...and how she pronounces English.(watch Nemo live from EOAE:Neijmo maj nijm foriver mour)

She comes on the stage dressed in a cool dress,looks beautiful...and then she starts:dis is mi,for forivr,van of di lost vans......then I want to jump out of my skin. Crying or Very sad

*coughs* IMO her accent is lovely and I just love how she sings with accent.... Razz
I love her accent on the album,but it sounds really funny live
avatar
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Marit on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am

wildchild wrote:
Marit wrote:
wildchild wrote:
s_dudley wrote:I thinks she's better than Tarja if i'm honest. The problem with Tarja was that she always seemed to be stuck on the high notes whatever the track was. Although Anette doesn't hit that height, she makes up for it by having a greater range around the level of her voice.

Tarja has a great voice...but she makes horrible mistakes while singing live.

She didn't have problems in Oceanborn/Wishmaster era...but when she had to change her singing style in CC and Once,that is where the problems begun.It just sucks live.It makes me sick whenever I watch End of an era.I mean,that high-pitched screaming without any sense...and how she pronounces English.(watch Nemo live from EOAE:Neijmo maj nijm foriver mour)

She comes on the stage dressed in a cool dress,looks beautiful...and then she starts:dis is mi,for forivr,van of di lost vans......then I want to jump out of my skin. Crying or Very sad

*coughs* IMO her accent is lovely and I just love how she sings with accent.... Razz
I love her accent on the album,but it sounds really funny live

I haven't seen them live with Tarja but in End OF An Era I just love her accent she is so funny and lovely when she sings Nemo Very Happy
avatar
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780
Age : 23
Location : Estonia
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by wildchild on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:28 pm

yes,funny
avatar
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by killer_shoe on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:09 pm

Well for the newcastle gig, a friend of mine made a banner saying "Anette we love you" in swedish and Anette read it and said thank you to us for coming.
Then near the end of singing PATP I saw tears in her eyes and she had her head down for the rest of the song Sad
It was nice to see her show genuine emotion on stage, she's honestly the sweetest person I've ever met.

The cow didn't give me her autograph though lol
avatar
killer_shoe
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 19
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by tomsbfc on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:43 pm

A week has nearly passed without comment on Anette so i just want to say she was great again at Manchester on Saturday. She has a fantastic vibe with the audience. At one point a guy at the front shouted something to her. She said "what?" and then "oh, he wants a drumstick!". She then went to Jukka and got one for him! Everyone cheered! Very Happy

At the end she signed a fans banner onstage and got the rest of the band over to join in. I've been to loads of concerts and never seen a major band doing that. She seems to appreciate the support and knows where she came from.
avatar
tomsbfc
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 66
Age : 58
Location : Huntingdon, UK
Humor : Office, Extras, Blackadder, Steve Coogan, Gavin and Stacey
Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appreciation Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum