Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anette solo album?

+4
Ktsunami
Fani
Ena-Gothic
KellieBent
8 posters

Go down

Anette solo album? Empty Anette solo album?

Post by KellieBent Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:11 pm

From her blog:

We were there to talk about a collaboration to make songs for a solo album for me, now when I have a break from Nightwish. I am looking forward to do songs now and I believe this will be great;=)

So any thoughts on Anette having a solo album?

I dont really know how I feel about it. It's nice for her to do her own thing while Nightwish are having a break but I'm not really happy about her having someone else write it for her. I dunno I'd rather it all be her, like her lyrics or something. I cant really imagine what kind of style it would be either. I hope it'd be really different from Nightwish. Maybe something more poppy/rocky. Maybe we'll get to hear the full extent of her voice as well.

And please dont take this as she's going to leave Nightwish and she's using Nightwish to have her own career because she clearly loves Nightwish. All the other guys have their own other bands.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 450
Anette solo album? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Anette solo album? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Anette solo album? Empty Re: Anette solo album?

Post by Ena-Gothic Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:44 pm

I am happy for her. Album is going to be ROCK!!!!
\M/ She said that it will be Rock...so we know it's going to be heavy music.

And she is not leaving Nightwish.
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Humor : Hehehehehehe
Anette solo album? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Anette solo album? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 pm

I cant imagine what it will be like at all though. I dont see it being a heavy album. I'd prefer it to be something completely different to Nightwish. I'd love Anette's voice on anything.

I think my biggest problem is someone else writing the album for her. I really dont want that. It's not that creative. I want to see what Anette can do not some songwriter.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:29 am

I think that album will be great. She said rock album. And rock is heavy music Wink
I wish her all the best
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Well I'm glad she's doing some writing on the piano. I really would like her to have the main input into the album. I really want to see what she can do because I dont think she did much writing for Alyson Avenue so it will be nice to see Anette do something.

I'd rather the album be more like Alyson Avenue than Nightwish though. I really dont want it to be anything at all like Nightwish.

Good luck to Anette though Smile I'm gonna love the album regardless.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Me too. ^_^
Alyson Avenue is Classical Rock. Metal started from Rock music.
Rock...Hard Rock...Metal....etc. Wink
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I really wouldn't want her to make a heavy album, it's not her.

So yeah I'm happy she's doing a solo album and I've been thinking you know she's gotta do something in the next 2 years to bring in some money. So fair enough. And she's always wanted to be a singer so it's nice for her to have her own album.

Would be nice to have an old Nightwish song on there but I dont think she will, she wants to do her own thing. Maybe she'll get some more merch as well.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm

It seems that only two of us will talk about this Razz

And she needs to do something while she is on a break.
I wasn't thinking like "heavy" album.
Since it will be a rock one...you know that Rock is not calm music. Maybe there will be a nice rock ballad.
And I would love to hear one old NW song on the album.
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:45 pm

I know yeah. Someone else must have an opinion on it Razz

I'm excited to see the extent of Anette's voice. Like DPP she was having to sing something that was already written and she had to adapt for it but with her solo album she can show really what her voice is like. Same with the new Nightwish album now Tuomas knows Anette's voice.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:19 pm

And her voice is wonderful
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fani Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 am

Ooh, it would be nice. I don't know what I think of it. Of course Anette will sounnd great but since every person who has a solo album there's always a person behind it who writes the lyrics and they always turn out completely different from what the singer actually wants.

She says Rock but it might turn out to be some stupid shitty Pop.

It's just my opinion and obviously she still loves Nw and will stay with them.
Fani
Fani
Promoter
Promoter

Female
Number of posts : 377
Humor : Rawr goes the sheep!

Registration date : 2009-04-05

http://www.withintemptation.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Of course she is not leaving NW. And it won't be Poppy. The guy , who will help her is a metalhead. He likes Canibal Corpse. So a person , who likes metal (in this case a death metal band) will give Rock/Metal woman pop? I wouldn't say so
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 pm

Wouldn't bother me if it was poppy to be fair. I think there will be a wide range of types of songs seeing as Anette likes everything. I dont think she should be stuck in the 'metal' genre or whatever just because of Nightwish.

I'd like her to be writing the lyrics though, I can understand someone else doing the music but it'd be nice if she wrote her own lyrics.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 pm

I hope that she will write her own lyrics. The metal guy will do the music(probably). I do not think that she is for pop. She is more for rock (that's my thinking).
And Metal & Rock are different music genres. Metal is heavier.
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 am

It's a terrible idea.

I mean didn't anyone else get that dreadful sense of deja vu when they heard this? History repeats itself my loves.

Tarja wanted a solo career and look at what happened to her. She was publicly hummilated by people who had been her friends for years. Not saying she was 100% innocent, but that was the root of it. And you're telling me the same thing won't happen with Anette?

This is the beginning of the end no matter how this goes.

Anette was stressed just with Nightwish. How is she going to handle two music careers at the same time? Don't you find it odd that she'd rather go do something hectic and stressful than relax with her son?

I've heard Tuomas is less than happy about this as well, especially about Anette hiring her own manager. And he's not the only the one in the band either.
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Mistress Passion Greed
Mistress Passion Greed

Female
Number of posts : 615
Humor : Likely to offend you.

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.forbiddenforest.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:46 am

But it's a solo album not a solo career. She just needs something to do in the next 2 years. All the other guys are off making music and she wants to as well. She cant just do nothing for 2 years, she needs to make some money. I dont think it's gonna end up the same way as it did with Tarja. It's just a solo album, Tarja put her solo career before Nightwish. Anette's not gonna do that.

All the guys support her, it's only the same as Marco going off and doing his thing with Tarot and his other 3 or 4 bands and Emppu doing a new album with Brother Firetribe. They all just make sure Nightwish comes first because thats their bigger band.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:51 am

NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon has tapped Swedish producer/songwriter Anders Bagge to write material for her upcoming solo album, which she plans to record during the band's downtime in early 2010.

Commented Olzon: [Bagge] is a very famous and incredibly talented songwriter. He has done so many hit songs and has been working with MADONNA, CELINE DION, JANET JACKSON, JESSICA SIMPSON and many, many more. He is also one of the jury members in Swedish 'Idol' [TV talent competition] and a show called 'Made in Sweden'. He is a true CANNIBAL CORPSE lover and rock lover.

"At the moment, he has done some albums and one of the bands he is doing at the moment are called APOLLO DRIVE. I really liked the songs he played and the first single, 'Time', is a bit heavier and I like it!

"Me and Petri [H. Lundén, Anette's manager] came to [Bagge's] big house [on Thursday, August 27] and had a meeting with him and his two co-writer team. It was a really fun and crazy moment. Anders is a really funny guy and I laughed all the time.

"I am looking forward to do songs now and I believe this will be great."

Olzon performed on August 13, 2009 with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra at a special concert in Stockholm, Sweden as part of the Stockholms Kulturfestival (Stockholm's Culture Festival). According to Anette, "The evening [was] in the theme of Sweden-Finland and it [was] called Suomi Safari. There [was] a big symphonic orchestra, choir and more soloists that have something to do with Finland."

Video footage of Anette's performance can be viewed below.

Olzon recently wrote a blog entry on her official web site where whe talked about singing technique. She said, "It's hard to go in to exactly what I do when I sing since some things are 'by nature' and just come naturally but, of course, a lot of things are what I have learned earlier in vocal lessons and also during my career as the singer in NIGHTWISH where my voice is needed to be able to sing many high-pitched songs for 1.5 hours many nights a week.

"First of all, what I use most when I sing is a technique called 'belting.' For you who don't know what kinda vocal sound types normally are talked about, there are different sounds and techniques to use when singing. This technique is a way to come very high up by pushing the vocal cords together, slamming them against each other, so that no air at all can leak through. If any air leaks through, it can make the voice soar and aching. I do this technique also by thinking that I lift my upper lift upwards, kinda showing my teeth and a good sound to practise for it is to imitate an evil witch. You know the evil laughter. Also imitating a car like: öhrn, öhrn, öhrn... as a car accelerating forward. These things make me lift the lip and close the cords. Of course there are so many more things to do to make this technique perfect but that's an easier way to explain what I do."

In an interview with Classic Rock's Dave Ling, NIGHTWISH keyboardist/mainman Tuomas Holopainen was asked if alarm bells rang when, echoing her predecessor, Olzon recently hired a personal manager (Swedish management company Hagenburg Management, which also represents EUROPE and THE CARDIGANS). "At the beginning I had a feeling of déjà vu," he replied. "But when we discussed it I understood that she needs somebody who speaks her own language [Swedish]. Her manager is a very, very reasonable guy."

When asked how Anette is handling the fame, Tuomas replied, "She has told me a couple of times that she might not be able to handle it, on top of her divorce. I've seen her close to collapse and it has scared me, so we are protecting her."

NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon has commented on her decision to work with Swedish producer/songwriter Anders Bagge on material for her upcoming solo album, which she plans to record during the band's downtime in early 2010. According to Anette, the as-yet-untitled CD "is, of course, just in the starting stage], but I will contribute doing the songs together with [Anders and other songwriters] and I will start that immediately. Anders is thinking on his side and me here... Then we meet and try out the ideas and we'll see what it will be like. But yeah, rocky it will be for sure. Not metal, but rock."

Regarding how her decision to work on a solo album will affect her status in NIGHTWISH, Olzon states, "You all know I love that band, and, of course, this is not a solo career, but an album. I can't sit and do nothing for maybe 1.5-2 years [while NIGHTWISH is preparing to record a new studio album]. None of the guys can either. Marco [Hietala, NIGHTWISH bassist/vocalist] has TAROT and several other bands and projects, Emppu [Vuorinen; NIGHTWISH guitarist] has BROTHER FIRETRIBE and projects, Tuomas [Holopainen; NIGHTWISH keyboardist and main songwriter] [has] bands and projects and Jukka [Nevalainen; NIGHTWISH drummer] [has] his merch company. So, I need something too. And I don't want another band, 'cause I have NIGHTWISH. Then a solo will be just perfect. I can decide when and what I will tour or perform, all in the aspect of when NIGHTWISH will do something new. We don't know that. It's all in Tuomas' hands and he is the creator. We are the instruments."

She adds, "I hope people can stop thinking that the singer CAN'T do anything else but the instrumentalists can. I have the same right as my fellow band members to do anything on the side when NIGHTWISH is not playing or touring.

"I am, for sure, excited and I know I have my part to play with the songs and the album and I have already started thinking of songs and lyrics. It was a long time since I did songs, but I will soon be back in business."

Olzon was interviewed on August 13, 2009 prior to her performance with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra at a special concert in Stockholm, Sweden as part of the Stockholms Kulturfestival (Stockholm's Culture Festival). According to Anette, "The evening [was] in the theme of Sweden-Finland and it [was] called Suomi Safari. There [was] a big symphonic orchestra, choir and more soloists that have something to do with Finland."

*takes notes* I doubt she likes being an "instrument"...
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Mistress Passion Greed
Mistress Passion Greed

Female
Number of posts : 615
Humor : Likely to offend you.

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.forbiddenforest.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 pm

You silly....Tarja didn't want a solo album. She didn't respect Nightwish. I know that Anette respects them. So if Marco has 5....FIVE band...so he will leave??' Or Emppu with Brother Firetribe?? Tuomas with For My Pain and Indica and Jukka with his merch???
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 pm

She's not gonna leave. No ones gonna leave. She's wanted to be a proffessional singer since she was like 2 so it's a way for her to have a band and still be a singer and have her own freedom as well. I'm sure the guys fully support her.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:11 am

Sorry for DP but just a bit of news on the album. Anette has started writing and recording stuff. She is writing the lyrics which I am really happy about Smile and Emppu will be playing on a song Very Happy

I'd be quite happy if it turns out a bit like Alyson Avenue I really do love them. Well as long as it sounds nothing like Nightwish I'll love it.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by taytayroxbigtime Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm hoping for something like Amanda Somerville's album Windows but softer (and maybe with more complexity) as that'll complement Anette's voice.
taytayroxbigtime
taytayroxbigtime
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 75
Humor : Try me...

Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.chaliceoffemmemetal.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightquest Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:10 am

ohh yeah I expect something like pop
Nightquest
Nightquest
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 51
Humor : la la la ♪

Registration date : 2009-07-22

http://www.myspace.com/amyleemocoharmburguesa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nettie_Love Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm happy too bounce
Nettie_Love
Nettie_Love
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 22

Registration date : 2009-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by moonhp91 Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:29 am

I think that album will be great. She said rock album. And rock is heavy music Wink
I wish her all the best

moonhp91
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 9

Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down