Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

+38
Teh Porcupine
Fani
tapanihietala
NightSiren
Luna'tic
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ena-Gothic
dreamy
KellieBent
Tristania
Helyanwe
AngelsFallFirst
tomsbfc
funeral freak
shadowlight166
Ellen Metalhead
pyra
LeiaLeFey
kahlan
themetalinme
Sheila
Ktsunami
cowluva
deadlocked
Scarygothgirl
killer_shoe
davidtourniquet
TheGothicSymphony
Kate
Franneke
anthony k
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Arianna
wildchild
Caz
Dark_Star
The Key
Marit
42 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which Era Do You Prefer?

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Vote_lcap14%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Vote_lcap32%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 12 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Vote_lcap54%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 37

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Empty Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by Marit Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:37 pm

If you want to fight who is better Anette or Tarja then it's not the right place..So no fights just comment please Smile

I like both eras. There is no point to fight who has better voice Anette or Tarja IMO. They have completely different voices and I think they both have very nice ones. Tarja and Anette both are beautiful too. And the band is still the same, same sound, beautiful orchestra and choir parts same band members. Still there are Tuomas lyrics and Marco's vocals, Emppu guitar solos and Jukka playing drums. Very Happy Ok yes the singer is other but we have nine wonderful years with Tarja and many great albums with her. In the other hand we have one cool sounded album with Anette and there will be many more great albums to come you can be sure about it Very Happy

Last edited by Marit on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by The Key Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:44 pm

I only like the old era of NW. I'm a big fan of Tarja as well. I don't like the new era because I dont like Annete's voice.
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 383
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by Dark_Star Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:53 pm

I'm more of an "old Nightwish" fan. The new album just doesn't do it for me. The only song that sounds like a Nightwish song to me is The Poet and the Pendulum. I don't think Anette was the right fit for the band either. Her voice simply isn't strong enough to match the music. That is probably why Marco has more vocal parts than ever. So basically, for me, the magic is gone.
Dark_Star
Dark_Star
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 95

http://www.myspace.com/priscillapotts

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:17 pm

I prefer the new era. I prefer Anette's vocals to Tarja's and i love the fact that Marco is singing more because he has an amazing voice Very Happy
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:40 pm

I love both eras....honesty,I think they had a few eras

I Angels fall first era-power metal with lots of acoustic songs

II Oceanborn and Wishmaster era-bombastic symphonic power metal,dramatic songs,grunts in a few

III Then things change with Century child.Songs are more soundtrack-oriented,you have more lovesongs,but there are still traces of old style in End of all hope,Bless the child.Marco is in.Tarja started singing normal,operatic vocals started to dissapear

VI Once and Dark passion play-now,old Oceanborn/Wishmaster style totaly vanished,we have something new.Power metal is dissapearing from their songs,they are going progressive,traces of industrial metal in WIHAA and BBB.
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:27 pm

I like both eras myself. I do prefer the second half of the first era when Marco joined more than anything though. If you compare the two halves of the first era then you realise you could never really hear Sammi on bass. To me, it was like he didn't want to be heard but Marco is the complete opposite.

I really like the new era but I can't help but prefer the old era still. I shall probably come to accept it more once I see them in concert on the 29th March.

We shall see Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:14 pm

I like both.

Arianna
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 10

Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:15 pm

s_dudley wrote:

I really like the new era but I can't help but prefer the old era still. I shall probably come to accept it more once I see them in concert on the 29th March.

We shall see Razz
whatever,they released just one album in the new era,while they have 5 in the old era.

five albums vs. just one?
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:23 pm

wildchild wrote:
s_dudley wrote:

We shall see Razz
whatever,they released just one album in the new era,while they have 5 in the old era.

There are many great albums to come Very Happy I'm sure about it Twisted Evil
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Deceiver-Of-Fools Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:49 pm

I like both...but I think I might be leaning more towards Anette now. Sometimes I feel like Tarja's voice is too overpowering for me..I like how Anette and Marco's voices mix so well together in the new album. Sure, it's a competely different sound to what we're used to, but I'm more than willing to give Anette a chance. Maybe it's cause I only discovered Nightwish AFTER Tarja was fired...
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 13

Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:01 pm

Marit wrote:
wildchild wrote:
s_dudley wrote:

We shall see Razz

There are many great albums to come Very Happy I'm sure about it Twisted Evil

Yeah, I know what you mean. That's why i'm still not completely sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by anthony k Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:18 am

I really like both. Nightwish would even be nightwish without tarja but i think having anette now is good for the band i like this new nightwish but i also like the old nightwish too.
anthony k
anthony k
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 2

Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.bebo.com/Anthony-K24

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:30 pm

I love BOTH eras in NW, I appreciate and admire both singers too ( and I can find positive things in both singers for the band) because I'm a fan of the band inself, not singer's fan Razz
Franneke
Franneke
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 361

Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Franneke wrote:I'm a fan of the band inself, not singer's fan Razz
That's the spirit! cheers
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:18 am

wildchild wrote:

Yeah it is Laughing cause I always look singer first and then rest of the band Rolling Eyes
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:35 am

Marit wrote:
wildchild wrote:

Yeah it is Laughing cause I always look singer first and then rest of the band Rolling Eyes

I think most people are like that. You do have to look at the whole band in Nightwish though else you only see a small part of them if you focus on the singer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:33 am

s_dudley wrote:
Marit wrote:
wildchild wrote:

I think most people are like that. You do have to look at the whole band in Nightwish though else you only see a small part of them if you focus on the singer.

In fact I think NW is the only band I love the band itself...I mean if I'm listening to Epica I'm really not so fond of band as I'm fond os Simone's voice... Razz But yeah if thing comes to Nightwish. I really listen and I look for the band and the singer Very Happy
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:03 am

Yep i agree with that, i think it's because the music is fantastic. A lot of FM bands have female singers that are better then the music Razz
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:20 pm

I am a bit torn between the old and the new. There is no doubt that Tarja is a fantastic singer but so is Annette, but in a different style. Annette is more of a rock chick whilst Tarja is a diva! No disrepect to Tarja was meant by that remark but I think that Annette has breathed new life into Nightwish.
Kate
Kate
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 41
Humor : Depends on what it is

Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:22 pm

Kate wrote:I am a bit torn between the old and the new. There is no doubt that Tarja is a fantastic singer but so is Annette, but in a different style. Annette is more of a rock chick whilst Tarja is a diva! No disrepect to Tarja was meant by that remark but I think that Annette has breathed new life into Nightwish.

You are really right Anette has breathed new life into Nightwish...She is so great in live and she is so adorable, she really has a nice personality 8)
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Marit wrote:
Kate wrote:I am a bit torn between the old and the new. There is no doubt that Tarja is a fantastic singer but so is Annette, but in a different style. Annette is more of a rock chick whilst Tarja is a diva! No disrepect to Tarja was meant by that remark but I think that Annette has breathed new life into Nightwish.

You are really right Anette has breathed new life into Nightwish...She is so great in live and she is so adorable, she really has a nice personality 8)

I am so looking forward to seeing her on Saturday! I am counting down the days now! flower
Kate
Kate
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 41
Humor : Depends on what it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Kate wrote:
Marit wrote:

I am so looking forward to seeing her on Saturday! I am counting down the days now! flower

Could you tell us day after the concert how it was? Very Happy If I saw them live I really loved Ever Dream, that song is perfect for Anette Smile
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGothicSymphony Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:27 pm

I like both :]
Anette is very good live, she is nice and NW with her is very different. I still love Tarja solo, and I dont gat it, why fans think that with Anette it isnt real Nightwish. Guys are the same, and it's still fantastic band. When I read about Tarj's leaving my love to her become smaller. She is diva and her solo career is better to NW.
Now NW is a BAND not vocalist + others!

TheGothicSymphony
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:56 pm

It's just gonna take time to adjust properly to Anette. Tarja was with them for 5 albums whilst Anette only has 1 album under her belt. People will come round to her with time and if they don't then they aren't really Nightwish fans but Tarja fans instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidtourniquet Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 am

After listening to annette sing the old NW songs as well as the new NW songs at tuesday's london gig, I can safely say that although she can't hit the top register as well as tarja did and when she tries it comes out a little whining, she knows what range she has and that was apparent: especially during dark chest of wonders, the words "so long ago" in the song.
Her voice and marco's suit each other even better in live mode and I think she completes the band now. Tarja is gone, no harm in being fans of her and the band.

davidtourniquet
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 14

Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next