Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

+38
Teh Porcupine
Fani
tapanihietala
NightSiren
Luna'tic
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ena-Gothic
dreamy
KellieBent
Tristania
Helyanwe
AngelsFallFirst
tomsbfc
funeral freak
shadowlight166
Ellen Metalhead
pyra
LeiaLeFey
kahlan
themetalinme
Sheila
Ktsunami
cowluva
deadlocked
Scarygothgirl
killer_shoe
davidtourniquet
TheGothicSymphony
Kate
Franneke
anthony k
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Arianna
wildchild
Caz
Dark_Star
The Key
Marit
42 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which Era Do You Prefer?

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Vote_lcap32%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 12 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Vote_lcap54%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 37

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Neighter me..hate those close minded people Mad
Like I said I love both eras,just can`t wait to hear more new albums Very Happy
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2195
Humor : black humor and sarcastic sometimes:P
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:20 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:Neighter me..hate those close minded people Mad
Like I said I love both eras,just can`t wait to hear more new albums Very Happy
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Humor : Hehehehehehe
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:45 am

Exactly..that`s all we want Razz
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 pm

yup Razz
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by funeral freak Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:36 am

im agree
funeral freak
funeral freak
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 784

Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 am

i`m happy taht you agree Very Happy
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:47 pm

They will have next album in next 2-3 years....can not waiiiiit!!!
They said it in Croatia
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 pm

2/3 years? affraid Crying or Very sad
That`s much really... Shocked
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by funeral freak Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:52 am

really!!!!!!!! 2 or 3 years, cannot be possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
funeral freak
funeral freak
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 784

Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSiren Sun May 03, 2009 12:45 am

Both but a little more Tarja Wink
NightSiren
NightSiren
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 50
Humor : :) :] :} - (: [: {:

Registration date : 2009-05-03

http://pinkiegirlsmp3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tapanihietala Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:20 pm

i love them both, i can't prefer! Smile
tapanihietala
tapanihietala
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 76

Registration date : 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Fani Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Both.
Anette and Tarja are both great singers.
Fani
Fani
Promoter
Promoter

Female
Number of posts : 377
Humor : Rawr goes the sheep!

Registration date : 2009-04-05

http://www.withintemptation.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes , we can not compare different vocals.
And Nettie and Tarja deserve respect ^_^
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Old.

I don't like Anette singing the old songs very much, she can do a few well. But I'd rather she left Nemo and Wishmaster, in particular, alone. Tarja brought something that was really unique when Nightwish started and special to the table. Nightwish were really the first popular band to use a classically trained vocalist, and part of me feels like Nightwish really abandoned their roots when they hired Anette.

But I still like Dark Passion Play. I don't think Anette is a bad singer, but she's a rock singer, the kind you hear on 98 rock or whatever station you listen to in the car.

Tuomas still writes all the music, so for all intents and purposes, the singer doesn't really matter as they're just vehicles of Tuomas's work.
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Mistress Passion Greed
Mistress Passion Greed

Female
Number of posts : 615
Humor : Likely to offend you.

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.forbiddenforest.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:00 pm

It's both for me.

Thing is if they had got another classical singer she'd get compared even more. No ones ever gonna be able to sing as well as Tarja so I dont see the point in getting another classical singer. Anette brings something completely new to Nightwish which I love.

I love both eras. Theres some old songs I actually prefer with Anette like The Siren and Sleeping Sun and Ever Dream.

Only the singers changed and the music and lyrics are always gonna be amazing. A singer is only 1 member and theres 4 others. Who happen to be the most talented and sexy Finns. So I'd support the band no matter what.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 450

Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Porcupine Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:49 am

Oh yes, as long as Tuo is writing the lryics I'll be a fan Like a Star @ heaven

My thoughts are as followed:

I adore Tarja. She is an amazing singer and made Nw something very special. Nothing will ever touch that specialness and no one should sing those songs she made remarkable.

I like Dark Passion Play a lot. Yes it took me some time to get used to the change and I admit at first I thought Anette didn't sing so well live. I just get upset when she sings the original Nw songs differently or disrupts the image of Nw Tarja built.
Teh Porcupine
Teh Porcupine
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 121
Humor : At Nightwish's expense, of course

Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:17 pm

The other thing I just thought of is that there is so much more "old" Nightwish than "new" Nightwish. Laughing You can't really listen to DPP's 13 songs exclusively and not go crazy. So that might have something to do with why I say Old, there's more stuff to listen to. xD
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Mistress Passion Greed
Mistress Passion Greed

Female
Number of posts : 615
Humor : Likely to offend you.

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.forbiddenforest.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah I do end up listening to the Old stuff a lot more just because there is more of it. Saying that the amount of live stuff I have from the 08 festivals probably equals it out.

They do need to hurry up with a new album though.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fani Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:35 pm

We do need another album to go crazy over.

Anette can sing songs really well live, it's just that some that Tarja sang really well, Anette sings and she isn't all in all good.

I'm not saying she's a crap singer because she is a good singer but some of the Tarja era songs were fit for her voice. I can't see Tarja singing Eva so well or Anette singing Nemo perfectly! You know?
Fani
Fani
Promoter
Promoter

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Porcupine Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:51 pm

When I first got DPP I listened to it over and over and eventually did make myself sick of it.
Teh Porcupine
Teh Porcupine
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fani Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:53 pm

That's what I'm doing now XD Not being sick of it - listening to it over and over.

I need for things with Anette! 90% of the albums have Tarja.
Fani
Fani
Promoter
Promoter

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:13 pm

I just never get sick of listening to DPP. I should never be able to listen to Amaranth again really because it's been on repeat so much.

I love every old song Anette's sung so I'm alright with my live festival songs, but I'd love some more new songs.
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Porcupine Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:40 am

I got tired of the Islander...I listened to it so much lol and For the Heart I Once Had...took me awhile to listen to that again after how long I had it on repeat...well I'd listen to FITHO(w/e) and then Islander and repeat those two.
Teh Porcupine
Teh Porcupine
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetie_Nettan Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:48 pm

I love both eras.
Sweetie_Nettan
Sweetie_Nettan
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 57
Humor : =)

Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by EraseTheSilence Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:16 am

I only listen to the old era...
But of course I just adore Tuomas for his songwriting!
EraseTheSilence
EraseTheSilence
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 21
Humor : Creepy

Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next