Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who or what got you into Nightwish?

+26
NightSiren
Ena-Gothic
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
KellieBent
TearsOfNightfall
Anna
AliyahDuilliath
Helyanwe
shadowlight166
pyra
LeiaLeFey
lorrie of the lake
kahlan
dragster
Powersymphonia
Ktsunami
Dark_Star
Scarygothgirl
Caz
tomsbfc
davidtourniquet
wildchild
Kate
The Key
britrogue
Marit
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who or what got you into Nightwish? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who or what got you into Nightwish?

Post by Scarygothgirl Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:29 pm

I wasn't really that big on them before DPP, and before that I only had Once and Over the Hills and far away. I only heard the earlier stuff for the first time a few months ago, and I still haven't listened to Century Child.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1125
Humor : Mainly sarcastic, but is that not what humour is these days?
Who or what got you into Nightwish? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who or what got you into Nightwish? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-27

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Buodicca/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Who or what got you into Nightwish? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who or what got you into Nightwish?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Scarygothgirl wrote:I wasn't really that big on them before DPP, and before that I only had Once and Over the Hills and far away. I only heard the earlier stuff for the first time a few months ago, and I still haven't listened to Century Child.

You have to listen to Century Child. It was their best album Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Yeah a lot of people have said so, my friend bought it yesterday and she's coming round tomorrow with it, I'm looking forward to it! I've heard a few songs from there, like Everdream and Slaying the Dreamer and that's got me thinking it's a good albulm already.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Who or what got you into Nightwish? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who or what got you into Nightwish? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:30 pm

I personally think it's darker than the other albums for how it sounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:43 pm

Yes I've heard that it was one Tuomas wrote while being depressed.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 pm

It just sounds darker. It's still what you'd call Nightwish, just a darker version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:25 pm

I've been listening to it for a while now, some of my favourites on there. Good cd, still feel bad for Tuomas being depressed though...
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dragster Fri May 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Some mates in a local pub....thanx mates!! Smile
dragster
dragster
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 2
Humor : Siupercool!!

Registration date : 2008-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kahlan Fri May 16, 2008 3:36 am

In 2004 one of my friends was listening to "Phantom of the Opera", she looked really into it so I asked her which band it was. She told me it was Nightwish, a metal band with an amazing opera singer. I was intrigued so she made me listen to it and I hated it lol. Razz Several weeks later I was still obssessed with the concept so I bought "Once" and by November, I was hooked! Laughing
kahlan
kahlan
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 12

Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrie of the lake Sat May 17, 2008 6:30 am

Nightwish was gifted to me by the Shiny Metal Gods of Metal.
I was leaving my house after my annual Halloween party when my friend noticed a huge cd wallet on the side of the road. Knowing it must belong to one of my neighbors I took it back to the house to see if I could find it's home. But first, of course, I wanted to listen to what was in it.
I picked a disk at random and lo and behold twas Nightwish - Once. It blew my mind. I'm from Texas and the Femmetal just doesn't get much air play here, so it was like nothing I'd heard before. By the time the cd came to Creek Mary's Blood I knew I was forever changed. That magical cd wallet also had Angels Fall First and Oceanborn, because my Metal Gods love me.
I did find the neighbor and returned the wallet. Then ran quick as I could to ebay to find some of my own. Oh yes, my collection is now vast and last year I saw them in San Antonio. Then I willed them this year to come to Austin and they did and I've got meet and greet tickets and am so excited I could squeak.
They has forever won my geeky fandom.
lorrie of the lake
lorrie of the lake
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 27

Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.myspace.com/lorrieofthelake

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiaLeFey Sun May 18, 2008 8:51 am

A friend of mine insisted I hear them and played "Nemo" for me and from then on I was hooked.
LeiaLeFey
LeiaLeFey
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 49

Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pyra Sun May 25, 2008 3:28 am

My sister is totally mad for Nightwish. I blame it all on her..lol

pyra
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 10

Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowlight166 Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:12 pm

I was a huge fan of The Phantom of the Opera and my brother played me the Nightwish version, ever since then I've been hooked.
shadowlight166
shadowlight166
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1018

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Helyanwe Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:54 pm

I was fan of phantom of the opera too(with Sarah's Brightman voice),so my cousin sudgested me Nightwish version,from Century Child.After 2 days I bought it..
Helyanwe
Helyanwe
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 26

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AliyahDuilliath Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Hm...it's tough to remember...I believe it was through listening to Within Temptation, when I was looking for as much female fronted metal as I could find. Maybe someone recommended them... don't know honestly, it was a long time ago. My first CD was Once.
AliyahDuilliath
AliyahDuilliath
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 36

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:48 am

My cousin heard me playing some Within Temptation stuff, and he suggested that I listen to Nightwish. So I downloaded Wishmaster, Wish I Had An Angel and Walking In The Air. I listened to them a few times, but I really wasn't a fan. So after a couple months, I decided to get a few more songs form them. Now I am a super fan. So...I'd like to say thanks to my cousin for getting me into Nightwish and metal.
Anna
Anna
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 36

Registration date : 2008-08-12

https://www.youtube.com/user/WTsource/

Back to top Go down

Post by TearsOfNightfall Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:48 am

I got into Nightwish right about the time Tarja was fired, after Evanescence had first lead to me find bands like Within Temptation. I ended up wanting more music in the same style, but at the time I didn't really know where to start or what to look for, and Nightwish was one of the only few bands that kept coming up.

I listened to some samples on Amazon.com and initially didn't like it at all, but a friend of mine, who was also searching for new bands (although in a slightly different direction) had actually ended up with some Nightwish music. She didn't particularly like it at the time (now she likes them too), but I asked her to bring what she had over so I could hear some full songs.

The songs were Ever Dream, Gethsemane, She Is My Sin, Bless The Child, Lagoon, and Phantom Of The Opera - and I absolutely loved each of them! I don't know why I hadn't liked the samples before, but I was completely blown away by the music then. I think the look of amazement and rapture on my face actually scared my friend. tongue

It was odd though, because at first I felt really uncomfortable with liking Nightwish - like it was something bad or inappropriate. I used to sneak onto the computer when no one was around and just sit there and listen with headphones on as kind of my guilty pleasure. I don't know why that was - maybe it was the "Gothic" tinges to the music or just that they were my first metal band. I of course eventually realized that was just stupid - even my mom likes Nightwish now and I listen to them casually almost everyday, but looking back on it is funny. Laughing
TearsOfNightfall
TearsOfNightfall
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 394

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:03 pm

I clicked on a custom music video for a song by Cradle of Filth and it contain excerpts from a Nightwish video and I was like "hey,that looks cool I'm going to go look them up."

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:52 pm

My uncle gave me a Nuclear Blast CD which had came free with some magazine and it had Wish I Had An Angel on it Smile This was in 2005 so not long before Tarja went Sad I used to listen to that track over and over again Razz Then began searching for other songs. Also when they were on the cover of Kerrang back in 05 got me even more interested Smile
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 450

Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:48 pm

well i knowed NW about 2 years right now...
but i`ve becamed a fan since i`ve listened to Amaranth,still one of my fave songs I love you
and the first song i`ve heared was nemo,but i didn`t really like it at the beginning,but it finally becamed one of my fave NW songs Laughing
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2195
Humor : black humor and sarcastic sometimes:P

Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Beautiful lyrics and music...
I saw a gothy girl once & heard that she is listening a good music ...i think it was come cover me or something...I was very young
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Humor : Hehehehehehe

Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:05 pm

How old were you?
When I first heread NW I was about 9 or 10...
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 pm

I do not remember...I just remember that I heard something beautiful
As a little girl I liked pop latino-rap music...
Thank you God I am a metalhead now...
Many thanks to that girl 'cause she is the one who got me into NW...
As I was getting older...I saw a pic of them and tought "WOW! That guy with beard is cool....that girl has beautiful green eyes(Anette)"..and fell in love with NW.

And now...people are going crazy when I say the letter N....'cause they know I will say NW
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:59 pm

^LOl Razz When was that actually?
I think when firt I heared of them wewas in 2006..but It might have been 2005 or even 2004...but I`ve became a true fan about the ending of 2007 Embarassed
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:17 pm

I really do not remember
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next