Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

+38
Teh Porcupine
Fani
tapanihietala
NightSiren
Luna'tic
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ena-Gothic
dreamy
KellieBent
Tristania
Helyanwe
AngelsFallFirst
tomsbfc
funeral freak
shadowlight166
Ellen Metalhead
pyra
LeiaLeFey
kahlan
themetalinme
Sheila
Ktsunami
cowluva
deadlocked
Scarygothgirl
killer_shoe
davidtourniquet
TheGothicSymphony
Kate
Franneke
anthony k
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Arianna
wildchild
Caz
Dark_Star
The Key
Marit
42 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which Era Do You Prefer?

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 12 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 37

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by Caz Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:52 pm

I agree that Anette completes the band now, she was amazing live. Her stage presence was awesome and i think she sang all the songs beautifully, i'd even say she sang them better then Tarja *gets ready for a bashing from Tarja fans* I prefer Anette's vocals because i think they are better suited for NW. She also seems a hell of a lot happier then Tarja ever did and it showed on stage Twisted Evil
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by killer_shoe Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:10 pm

I agree, I love both eras, and to be brutally honest I think I would have gotten bored with nightwish if it wasn't for anette.
Can't wait to see them live, I can't wait to hear anette sing my favorite songs Very Happy
killer_shoe
killer_shoe
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 19
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:32 pm

Yeah, I agree with you, I think it would have gotten boring if Tarja had been there much longer. Which concert are you going to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:01 pm

I much prefer the new Nightwish. Before I liked it alot, but my main thought when listening to them was 'nice music but I'm not so keen on the singer...' and when they first got Annette I was a bit sceptical because it's a new singer and you don't know what direction the music will go in, but now I am so sure they made the right decision in getting Annette as a singer.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1125
Humor : Mainly sarcastic, but is that not what humour is these days?

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Buodicca/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by killer_shoe Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:47 pm

s_dudley wrote:Yeah, I agree with you, I think it would have gotten boring if Tarja had been there much longer. Which concert are you going to?

I'm going to the newcastle one on sunday, it's gonna be great.
Don't get me wrong I'm still a fan of tarja, but I think it was best that they both went in their own directions
killer_shoe
killer_shoe
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:50 pm

I think everyone has the same opinion about it don't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:28 pm

It does appear so, I guess the music is better when they're happy with what they're doing, I think Tarja is a lot happier doing her own thing now, not having anyone tell her what to do.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by deadlocked Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:16 pm

Old era of course nothing beats oceanborn and the way Tarja sang sleeping sun

deadlocked
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 3

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by cowluva Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:05 pm

i definitely prefer the old nightwish era...i just can't seem to get into the new stuff. i'm not entirely fond of anette, although her voice is nice. also, i just don't like DPP very much...and i don't think i would like it much better if Tarja was singing it. i'm hoping that i'll like the next album better because right now nightwish is falling out of favor with me.
cowluva
cowluva
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:34 am

Oh well, hopefully their next album will get you interested again Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 am

New...don't know why...I just am Razz
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Mistress Passion Greed
Mistress Passion Greed

Female
Number of posts : 615
Humor : Likely to offend you.

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.forbiddenforest.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by killer_shoe Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:24 pm

After last night I've fallen in love with nightwish all over again. They're amazing live. I'm more inclined to the new era now Very Happy
killer_shoe
killer_shoe
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheila Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:01 am

I admire the different paths Nightwish have taken, and their sound has continually been innovated and "mixed up" over the years.

This being said, I am DEFINITELY most into the old, Wishmaster sound -- if all Nightwish albums were in the same vein of that album, I'd be one seriously happy person. Very Happy

Either way, each Nightwish album has something positive to offer. Century Child and Once certainly showed them steering into a new direction; and obviously Dark Passion Play introduced a huge different element in Anette's voice. I still enjoy the album, with the exception of a few songs. Tuomas is a master composer and an incredible lyricist, so I doubt that my interest in them will ever fade into oblivion.
Sheila
Sheila
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 10

Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.myspace.com/sorglig

Back to top Go down

Post by themetalinme Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:25 pm

i a fan of both. As long as Tupmas is still writing amazing songs, I will always love them Very Happy
themetalinme
themetalinme
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 262

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:19 pm

Why dont we have a poll?
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 383
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:23 pm

The Key wrote:Why dont we have a poll?

Okey great idea Very Happy Do one if you want to Very Happy
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:25 pm

Only you can do it in this topic!
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 pm

The Key wrote:Only you can do it in this topic!

OMG I forgot, silly me lol! I'll do one Razz
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks!
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marit Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:55 am

No problem! Razz
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:12 pm

It does appear that there is only one fan of the old era here, although I guess if someone really hated the new era they wouldn't assosiate themselves with Nightwish therefore wouldn't come on here... So it is likely that most people would vote for new or both.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kahlan Fri May 16, 2008 3:28 am

I prefer the "old" and when I say old, I mean Century Child and everything before. Once was good, but I felt like what did the magic of Nightwish for me was already leaving and by DPP it's now completely gone. It doesn't really have anything to do with Anette/Tarja, it's more the music itself. Judging a band only for the change of singer wouldn't be really fair. I prefer the "guitar operatic" orientated Nightwish to the more symphonic stuff. My favourite album would have to be Century Child closely followed by Wishmaster. I also like the lyrics much more. Symphonic stuff tends to bore me quickly (I'm really not fan of WT for this reason).

As for Anette's voice, I'm not a fan, I like her a lot in Alyson Avenue but in NW something just doesn't click for me. I don't think her voice fits the music, the best example would have to be "Medows of Heaven" where she belts a lot of the parts, when I think it would require a different kind of power in the voice. However I look forward to the next album to see what she can give the next time and how Tuomas adapts himself to her voice. Smile
kahlan
kahlan
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 12

Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiaLeFey Fri May 16, 2008 3:42 am

kahlan wrote:However I look forward to the next album to see what she can give the next time and how Tuomas adapts himself to her voice. Smile

How about next tour? Maybe he'll finally take a hint and stop allowing her to rape Wishmaster songs.

I prefer the "old" and by that I mean anything from the Tarja era...Once being my favorite album. I try listening to the new stuff but the music just doesn't fit me as well nor do I like Anette's voice. It's just not my taste at all at least with her singing NW. It's nothing against Anette personally...I just prefer Tarja.
LeiaLeFey
LeiaLeFey
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 49

Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Fri May 16, 2008 2:23 pm

I've always liked the music more than the vocals so I was quite happy when they changed singer... Tuomas wanted a voice more like Anette's originally, he had never heard Tarja sing before he asked her to be the singer.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Scarygothgirl wrote:It does appear that there is only one fan of the old era here, ...

3 votes to old era
3 votes to new era
8)
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next