Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

+38
Teh Porcupine
Fani
tapanihietala
NightSiren
Luna'tic
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ena-Gothic
dreamy
KellieBent
Tristania
Helyanwe
AngelsFallFirst
tomsbfc
funeral freak
shadowlight166
Ellen Metalhead
pyra
LeiaLeFey
kahlan
themetalinme
Sheila
Ktsunami
cowluva
deadlocked
Scarygothgirl
killer_shoe
davidtourniquet
TheGothicSymphony
Kate
Franneke
anthony k
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Arianna
wildchild
Caz
Dark_Star
The Key
Marit
42 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which Era Do You Prefer?

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 12 ]
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Vote_lcap54%Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 37

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by Scarygothgirl Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 pm

There asn't when I said that though.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1125
Humor : Mainly sarcastic, but is that not what humour is these days?
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-27

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Buodicca/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both?

Post by pyra Thu May 22, 2008 6:28 am

ok...I see I share the opinion of several others here. I was really nervous about hearing Anette when I first heard they had a replacement, but excited at the same time. I heard the Eva single and thought..wtf? But I still wanted to keep an open mind. I had only heard one song as of that point.

When i first heard DPP I thought oookay...maybe this will grow on me. It has. I may not be as fond of it as I was Century child, but to me that disc was totally brilliant. I've also seen them evolving towards more of a rock sound since then, as i saw on Once..with DPP it kept going. Anette is great on it.

I thought they had a great live show when i saw them last year. I saw Anette struggle with some of the higher notes, but she still did well.

Point is.. I do like them both.

pyra
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 10
Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Are you more the new Nightwish fan or you prefer the old Nightwish or both? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Thu May 22, 2008 1:02 pm

I didn't properly get into Nightwish 'til DPP, I'd liked them since Once I just wasn't so keen on the singing so I didn't listen to them much.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Scarygothgirl wrote:I didn't properly get into Nightwish 'til DPP, I'd liked them since Once I just wasn't so keen on the singing so I didn't listen to them much.

Same here

But i am getting more into their old stuff now, just wish it didn't have Tarj singing though Razz
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Yeah I'm the same, after getting into DPP Katie bought all the other cds so I've listened to almost every song they've done... including some of the demos lol, it's really odd to hear Marco singing what the choirboy usually sings.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellen Metalhead Fri May 23, 2008 3:18 pm

Old NW for sure. For me, the magic is gone. But there's only one album from new NW. I can only hope it'll get better again.
Ellen Metalhead
Ellen Metalhead
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 7

Registration date : 2008-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowlight166 Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 pm

I love old era Nightwish, I think that Tarja has a beautiful voice and gave a great contribution to the band.
But Anette also has a wonderful voice although it is very different to Tarja's voice. I like the new era stuff too. DPP is a great album as IMO are all the albums done in the old era. So I really like both.
shadowlight166
shadowlight166
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1018

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by funeral freak Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:19 am

i like both, i like the music, no the singer..........well i like the singer but NW is NW no matter the singer lol!
funeral freak
funeral freak
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 784

Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tomsbfc Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 pm

funeral freak wrote:i like both, i like the music, no the singer..........well i like the singer but NW is NW no matter the singer lol!

I know what you mean, the music is fantastic and the singer just adds their own interpretation. Tarja is a great singer but when she did a gig over here before Christmas she couldn't sell out a venue in London that holds less than 1000 people while Nightwish are filling venues everywhere. It doesn't matter if Tarja sings well if she hasn't got the songs!
tomsbfc
tomsbfc
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 66
Humor : Office, Extras, Blackadder, Steve Coogan, Gavin and Stacey

Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelsFallFirst Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:11 pm

I like both.
I prefer Tarja a little bit but it's hard to compare because they're so different.
I'm happy they got in Anette because I'm happy they decided to continue with a new singer rather than just break up.
I wish they'd kept Tarja for that one more album but you can't have it all Smile
AngelsFallFirst
AngelsFallFirst
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 21
Humor : Weird.

Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Helyanwe Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:32 pm

I will like Nightwish as far as Tuomas is there!...
So I like both,even if I still prefer listening the old songs..
Helyanwe
Helyanwe
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 26

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristania Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 pm

I vote for new fan, because I found Nightwish like a new band
Tristania
Tristania
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 88
Humor : I don't have any humour feeling

Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://www.mintyspievoje.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funeral freak Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 pm

old...is more strong than the new one
funeral freak
funeral freak
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:22 pm

Old Nightwish.

I like the band. Through Anette tends to piss me off when she sings old Nightwish songs. I just don't love the band as much as I use to when they had Tarja.

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBent Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Both Smile I love the old stuff and I love the new stuff. I also love Anette's version of old songs Smile

The band isn't about a singer and so as long as there is still a band then I will love them. How can you not love Tuomas, Emppu, Jukka and Marco Razz
KellieBent
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 450

Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamy Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:55 pm

I'm a lover of the both periods!
And Tarja, for me, is the old era what is old is passed (expect the songs) now the present and the future is Anette... we must think about her
dreamy
dreamy
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 7

Registration date : 2008-11-07

http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:22 am

dont remember if I've posted already here, anyway... Razz

I think I'm definitively more this new era ( even if I also love old era with Tarja and love her voice too), but this new era with Nettie made me just fell in a deep love with Nightwish Razz Now I like even much more Nightwish than before, I think they have got new "energy" with Anette, they all look so happy together, enjoying and just laughing in every pic, or concert ( since I atteneded their chilean gig I'm so in love with NW *sigh* Razz)
I think Anette has got more new fans too, thanks to her charisma and sweetness, she's so adorable and nice with us the fans <3 I love you and I love that, I love the happiness that they transmit to us, I didnt feel that never with old NW, and this is making a big difference IMO Smile
Franneke
Franneke
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 361

Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 pm

I prefer the New Era Very Happy
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Humor : Hehehehehehe

Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Relly i would say both,because both Anette and Tarja have brilliant voices,and instrumentaly again both eras are amaizing Very Happy
Even tough i`m more in old NW songs,that doesn`t mean i`m a Tarja fan...because i respect her in the same measure as Anette(i`m waiting for new NW albums,just to hear how Anette will sing there0..but it mustn`t be a anette vs tarja fight so i voted for both eras Very Happy
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2195
Humor : black humor and sarcastic sometimes:P

Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna'tic Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am

O course I prefer old NW,even I prefer era that Tarja sang operatic vokal.I hate Anette.
Luna'tic
Luna'tic
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 3

Registration date : 2009-02-27

http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/Mephistopholes_

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 pm

I love them both...
Anette & Tarja are fantastic singers!!!!!
Just they have different vocals!!

Guys do not kill me but I need to say that I can not wait for the concert anymore!!!!!
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:Relly i would say both,because both Anette and Tarja have brilliant voices,and instrumentaly again both eras are amaizing Very Happy
Even tough i`m more in old NW songs,that doesn`t mean i`m a Tarja fan...because i respect her in the same measure as Anette(i`m waiting for new NW albums,just to hear how Anette will sing there0..but it mustn`t be a anette vs tarja fight so i voted for both eras Very Happy

Agree
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by funeral freak Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:58 am

Ena-Gothic wrote:
XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:Relly i would say both,because both Anette and Tarja have brilliant voices,and instrumentaly again both eras are amaizing Very Happy

Agree

I'm agree too
funeral freak
funeral freak
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by XxfrozenbutterflyxX Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Wow I never thought that so many will agree with me lol!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female
Number of posts : 2195
Humor : black humor and sarcastic sometimes:P

Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena-Gothic Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Everyone's different...someone is New era fan & someone old era fan...someone both! I just do not like when domeone is using rude comments about Anette & Tarja
Ena-Gothic
Ena-Gothic
Swanheart
Swanheart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next