Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

+22
Ena-Gothic
Alyna
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Franneke
Tristania
Helyanwe
taytayroxbigtime
LeiaLeFey
kahlan
themetalinme
davidtourniquet
FallenHalos
Scarygothgirl
Ktsunami
cowluva
Dark_Star
wildchild
The Key
killer_shoe
tomsbfc
Caz
Marit
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Vote_lcap56%Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 19 ]
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Vote_lcap29%Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Vote_lcap15%Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 34

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Empty Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm

I think that it came at the right time. It had been reported that Tarja had said "Once" would be her last album with Nightwish and that she said the band couldn't go on without her so I can't blame Tuomas for doing what he did. He must have been furious with those sorts of comments as we must remember that he gave Tarja her break so she may not have got where she is on her own.

Back to top Go down

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Empty Re: Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

Post by Marit Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 am

Yes NW were right even though I'm so fucking big Tarja fan...It's shown you know Tarja is much happier without Nightwish (at least she seems to be) and Nightwish is much happier with Anette...Actually I love NW with both Tarja and Anette but however... I'm actually not keen on what Tuomas said about Tarja, that she is only thinking about herself and so on. I think that Tarja isn't like that...I haven't met her but everyone who has met Tarja are talking that she is so kind and nice person... But at the other hand Guys had right to do this. I respect Tuomas and other guys but in fact it's was a little wrong way to fire her with this letter I mean but it's only my opinion...
Marit
Marit
White Night Fantasy
White Night Fantasy

Female
Number of posts : 780
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Empty Re: Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:04 am

It's true that Tarja isn't like that. It's actually her husband that is responsible for it all. When you read about it you realise that he manages to get her to do what he wants which is why it all came about with her getting fired from Nightwish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:17 pm

Yes but no Razz Yes because she wasn't happy and because she was going to leave and because NW were becoming boring with her. No because they could have just let her leave, and they did it the wrong way. But everyone is happier now so i guess it doesn't matter anymore.
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tomsbfc Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:06 pm

I think they were right because at the end of the day people have to work together and if they weren't getting on something had to give. It doesn't make any of them bad people, although the subject has been done to death and some obviously hate people because of it.

Tarja was always interested in following other musical directions and NW just got their move in first. The atmosphere is clearly much better now, although when i met them on Tuesday evening Anette was back at the hotel so hopefully things are ok! They were all laughing and having a good time onstage.

I know most blame Marcelo's involvement, and they are probably right, but i was lucky enough to spend some time with them just before Christmas at a dinner and they do seem a very happy couple. People say he controls her but they seemed like any married couple, with Tarja rolling her eyes when Marcelo wanted to talk about football all the time!
tomsbfc
tomsbfc
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Male
Number of posts : 66
Humor : Office, Extras, Blackadder, Steve Coogan, Gavin and Stacey

Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by killer_shoe Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:54 pm

think the major problem with the whole marcelo business is that people are looking for someone to blame for the whole fiasco.
To be fair if Tarja was going to leave anyways, another album would just be delaying the inevitable.
Besides both parties are a lot happier now so I think that this genuinly had a happy ending.
killer_shoe
killer_shoe
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 19

Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Oh yes, it definitely has a happy ending. I suppose there will be people who don't like what has happened though. I didn't like it myself when it first happened but i'm happy with how it''s all turned out now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:58 pm

I dont wanna talk about that..
The Key
The Key
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 383
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:21 pm

Oh......ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:58 pm

s_dudley wrote:It's true that Tarja isn't like that. It's actually her husband that is responsible for it all. When you read about it you realise that he manages to get her to do what he .

That's right...seems like he even controls what kind of music she's making.She was always talking about how she's not into metal,and when she starts solo she will do something diferent.And what happened when she released her album?My winter storm happened to be NW rip-off.By Marcello's calculations,Tarja needs to make album that is more Nightwish than Nightwish themselves.He knows that My winter storm has to be really dark,gothic...stolen characters form NW songs(Dead boy,does he seem familiar to you?)...guitars are in the songs where they don't even fit.I listened to Reign with Tarja's voice over,and she said that song was inspired by movie soundtrack music(sounds familiar,eh?)Even a cover of a metal song...but badly chosen,you really have to be an amateur to even get the idea of covering Poison.

Now,add ''heartbraking'' lyrics written by ''god-knows-who'',songs about her ''rising like a phoenix'',add more mistical characters like doll,dead boy and so on(like Tuomas did with Riddler,Beauty,man next door)...add poetic lines like''my winter storm holding me awake''

And in the end,very fancy cover art,and dark,gothic videos with blood,lots of scary scenes and black magic coats.

Add guitars whenever you can,so it can sound like metal.

I t will sell nice because it sounds''so artistic,with operatic vocals,and all those classical instruments''

Come on Tarja,take your life in you own hands!!!If you released a pop/soul/classical album,I would have apreciated you more for being yourself!!!You don't need to care what would people say!You said in an interview that you''wanted to make music you like,and you don't want people to tell you what kind of album you need to make''...but you did the oposite.Stop listening to you huseband!
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Star Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:28 pm

She wasn't trying to be metal with My Winter Storm. It is mostly dark ballads. There are only a few songs that have guitar riffs. I think she definitely made the album SHE wanted to make. My Winter Storm is excellent.

As far as the look of the album goes, I think she definitely was herself. She always wore dramatic outfits. How can that be a Nightwish rip off? Anette doesn't do it.

Do I think Nightwish was right to fire her? I still don't know. I liked her a lot with Nightwish. I don't like Anette nearly as well. The only people who know the entire story are Nightwish and Tarja. We only heard the band's side of the story. I respect Tarja for not bashing them publicly as they did to her. I thought it was in very poor taste.

Nightwish is still producing without Tarja and Tarja is doing quite well as a solo artist.
Dark_Star
Dark_Star
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 95

http://www.myspace.com/priscillapotts

Back to top Go down

Post by cowluva Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Dark_Star wrote:She wasn't trying to be metal with My Winter Storm. It is mostly dark ballads. There are only a few songs that have guitar riffs. I think she definitely made the album SHE wanted to make. My Winter Storm is excellent.

As far as the look of the album goes, I think she definitely was herself. She always wore dramatic outfits. How can that be a Nightwish rip off? Anette doesn't do it.

Do I think Nightwish was right to fire her? I still don't know. I liked her a lot with Nightwish. I don't like Anette nearly as well. The only people who know the entire story are Nightwish and Tarja. We only heard the band's side of the story. I respect Tarja for not bashing them publicly as they did to her. I thought it was in very poor taste.

Nightwish is still producing without Tarja and Tarja is doing quite well as a solo artist.

i couldn't have said it better, i think you put the situation perfectly. i also don't like anette as well with nightwish, but they've only had one cd with her so who knows what could happen?
cowluva
cowluva
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:25 pm

She wasn't trying to be metal with My Winter Storm. It is mostly dark ballads. There are only a few songs that have guitar riffs. I think she definitely made the album SHE wanted to make.

guitars in 60% of songs(I don't count intro tracks,those aren't even songs).Cover of Poison(metal classic)?And she has some sort of band,with ex-Apocalyptica guy?And you still think she isn't trying to be metal?This is one of the worst atempts to make a metal album.
My Winter Storm is excellent.
ok,that's what you think

as she left Nightwish,she first changed her style,hair,made fringes...with new album,she has hair extensions(or her hair grows faster than the other people's hair?I don't know.)And she has a dark,dramatic image again on.

Oh,and I didn't say she's ripping off NW with her clothes,but just with music.In the end,she was the one who was wearing those clothes.

I respect Tarja for not bashing them publicly as they did to her. I thought it was in very poor taste.
This is not true.Well,technicaly,she wasn't the one who bashed them,her huseband did for her.He even went that far to say Tuomas was in love with Tarja,and that his jelousy is the reason why he thrown Tarja out.
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Dark_Star wrote:I respect Tarja for not bashing them publicly as they did to her. I thought it was in very poor taste.
wildchild wrote:This is not true.Well,technicaly,she wasn't the one who bashed them,her huseband did for her.He even went that far to say Tuomas was in love with Tarja,and that his jelousy is the reason why he thrown Tarja out.

Yes, I heard about his comments as well. It's true that Tarja never really said anything about it apart from her own reaction, her husband did all the slander and bashing. In fairness to Nightwish, I don't think Tuomas' comments were for Tarja so much as for her husband. He had known Tarja before she met her husband so he knew what kind of person she was. He could see that she has been moulded into the person her husband wanted and isn't what she once was. If anyone is to blame for what happened then a lot of people will point to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:06 am

in letter they said something like ''she isn't the same girl they knew before she met Marcello''

And wtf she married latino guy?She had a plenty of white ,pale finnish meat to chose from. Laughing .Finland,land of sexy guys!

If I was in her place,I would date Timo Kotipelto from Stratovarius...blond,finnish,pale... lol!
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Star Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:56 pm

Watch the documentary that comes with My Winter Storm and tell me if you still think Tarja was trying to be "Metal".

As far as the song Poison goes...Alice Cooper isn't a metal artist. The song is a hard rock song.
Dark_Star
Dark_Star
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 95

http://www.myspace.com/priscillapotts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Dark_Star wrote:As far as the song Poison goes...Alice Cooper isn't a metal artist. The song is a hard rock song.

Good point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:41 pm

I think 'yes', because it was time for a change. A band can only grow so much when they have a singer like Tarja. Don't get me wrong I like Tarja, but she had such a distint and almost unchangeable voice that once the band recorded Century Child, there was no where for them to go...and then there's Marcelo....Rolling Eyes
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Mistress Passion Greed
Mistress Passion Greed

Female
Number of posts : 615
Humor : Likely to offend you.

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.forbiddenforest.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:43 am

Wishmaster wrote:I think 'yes', because it was time for a change. A band can only grow so much when they have a singer like Tarja. Don't get me wrong I like Tarja, but she had such a distint and almost unchangeable voice that once the band recorded Century Child, there was no where for them to go...and then there's Marcelo....Rolling Eyes

Oh God! Don't start that arguement off again! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:22 am

Dark_Star wrote:

As far as the song Poison goes...Alice Cooper isn't a metal artist. The song is a hard rock song.
but who cares is he metal or not,SHE COVERED THAT SONG,and it's quite obvious why.(btw,for some people,Alice is one of the first metal artists,for some people not.However,he was a big influence for many metal bands that showed up later)

She's trying hard to get atention of metal audience.Die alive video is an example.Song starting with guitars,video filmed in darkness,ruins.Dressed in black coat,blood on her arms.

As you can see,I still think she's trying to be metal.
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:27 pm

I think they were right in firing her as they needed to go their separate ways. Personally I don't really like Tarja's stuff, but I won't go into that because it is my own opinion and I know many of you will disagree with me.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1125
Humor : Mainly sarcastic, but is that not what humour is these days?

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Buodicca/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:35 pm

I won't disagree with you. After all, it's your opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:41 pm

Scarygothgirl wrote:I think they were right in firing her as they needed to go their separate ways. Personally I don't really like Tarja's stuff, but I won't go into that because it is my own opinion and I know many of you will disagree with me.

I agree with you, although i have been listening to the older stuff today and some of it is pretty damn amazing, but IMO Tarja gets boring after so much listening. But in some songs Tarja's vocals are awesome and needed for those particular songs.
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Caz wrote:
Scarygothgirl wrote:I think they were right in firing her as they needed to go their separate ways. Personally I don't really like Tarja's stuff, but I won't go into that because it is my own opinion and I know many of you will disagree with me.

I agree with you, although i have been listening to the older stuff today and some of it is pretty damn amazing, but IMO Tarja gets boring after so much listening. But in some songs Tarja's vocals are awesome and needed for those particular songs.

Definately. I must say that I thought Wishmaster was a rather bad performance last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm

s_dudley wrote:
Caz wrote:

Definately. I must say that I thought Wishmaster was a rather bad performance last night.
yeah,she really shouldn't sing that song...that one will never work without operatic vocals.She should stick to songs from DPP,Once,Century child...

You know what I hate?The fact they never performed Stargazers,not even with Tarja.Tuomas said in an interview,somewhere in 1999 that song isn't working anymore.And that was a looong time ago.I wonder why?The song is short,and it's like made for live performances.
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next