Nightwish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

+22
Ena-Gothic
Alyna
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Franneke
Tristania
Helyanwe
taytayroxbigtime
LeiaLeFey
kahlan
themetalinme
davidtourniquet
FallenHalos
Scarygothgirl
Ktsunami
cowluva
Dark_Star
wildchild
The Key
killer_shoe
tomsbfc
Caz
Marit
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 19 ]
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 34

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

Post by FallenHalos Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:15 am

No I dont
I heard that Tarja wanted to leave though, she gave them like two years notice or something. If that was true then they shouldnt have done that and just allowed her to leave when she planned. If its not true then they should have worked things out!
I personally believe Nightwish appeals to a different type of fan base now. The vocals have changed drastically. Anette is a great singer. But Nightwish was Tarja's thing, she cant compare or fill Tarja shoes and it was silly of her to try
FallenHalos
FallenHalos
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 4
Humor : Sick and twisted
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:22 am

FallenHalos wrote:No I dont
I heard that Tarja wanted to leave though, she gave them like two years notice or something. If that was true then they shouldnt have done that and just allowed her to leave when she planned. If its not true then they should have worked things out!
I personally believe Nightwish appeals to a different type of fan base now. The vocals have changed drastically. Anette is a great singer. But Nightwish was Tarja's thing, she cant compare or fill Tarja shoes and it was silly of her to try

I don't think she wants to fill Tarja's shoes. She knows she doesn't have that kind of voice which is why they sound so different now. I personally think it's for the better.

It was well known that Tarja had gone as far as she wanted to go with Nightwish but the comments that were said were the reason why they did it. If all the comments were true then it's no suprise they sacked her.

At the end of the day, it was Tuomas that gave her the break and who knows if she'd even have half the fans she now has if that hadn't happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah i don't think Anette is trying to fill Tarja's shoes, she's a completely different style of singer. It's mad to try to compare them both. Nightwish could only have gone so far with Tarja, and they reached it. With Anette they can go even further, reach out to new fans and still appeal to the old fans too.
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 500
Humor : Lots
Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you think Nightwish were right to sack Tarja? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:17 pm

The only thing she's trying to slightly copy is a few high notes when she does some of the old stuff at the concerts but even that still sounds different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Star Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:38 pm

I agree that Nightwish has reached a new fanbase. I think they now appeal more to the mainstream since Anette has a more mainstream voice.
Dark_Star
Dark_Star
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 95

Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.myspace.com/priscillapotts

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Tarja did give the band notice but it was more of a 'you can't live without me so I'll leave after the next albulm' kind of notice. Apparently she was planning to leave after the albulm after Once, which is why Tuomas told her to leave before. To be honest if she wanted to leave she should have just left rather than tell them she wanted to leave and wait around for them to get rid of her. of course that is my opinion, I understand there are probably people here who disagree with that...
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female
Number of posts : 1125
Humor : Mainly sarcastic, but is that not what humour is these days?

Registration date : 2008-03-27

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Buodicca/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:09 pm

Maybe she felt that if she got fired instead of quitting then she would get the sympathy vote from the fans. She didn't realise that most of us read the comments and stories about it so if that was her plan, it didn't work Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by davidtourniquet Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:28 pm

FallenHalos wrote:No I dont

Nightwish was not Tarja's thing, it's Tuomas's and will forever be Tuomas's.
I think it was right to do what they did and if I was in their shoes I would of done the same thing. In fact I wouldn't of bothered with the letter, if someone came to me and said you nothing without me, I would of just gone wanna bet? and fired her there.
Annette is probably not as good a singer as tarja by 10/20% but her interaction with the crowd, personality with the band really makes up for it. Tarja never credited Tuomas for his works onstage. Annette does. Annette isn't trying to copy the high notes, that is what a score is for, if she thinks she can reach the note, then she will try it. If not, then there are 3 more notes in a chord she can choose from. I'm sure she is not thinking as she comes up to the high part of dark chest of wonders or another high register song "oooo it's an old song, must copy tarja".
Sorry if that sounded a bit rantcicle, had 7 hours sleep in the last 2 days after being in glasgow for the weekend, monday and some of today.

davidtourniquet
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 14

Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Don't worry, I agree 100% with you and what you just said.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidtourniquet Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:45 pm

What annoys me is that she said, oh I don't like metal and I want to do opera when I've finished with nightwish and then goes and creates a band. With one of the cover songs being guess what: the phantom of the opera.

davidtourniquet
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:54 pm

I made the mistake yesterday of watching 2 of her videos pale Never again! Razz
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Haha! That'll teach you Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Just as a note to people complaining about Annette singing not so well in the old songs, she has had the flu for most of the tour so I'm quite sure it is very difficult for her.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 pm

I don't expect her to be able to do the old songs as good as Tarja. Those songs were designed for Tarja's voice, not Anette's. She made a good enough job of Slaying the dreamer on Saturday anyway Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:46 pm

I thought she was very good actually
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:58 pm

I didn't think much of her go at Wishmaster but I thought she did a good job of Slaying the dreamer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:01 pm

I thought she was good at Wishmaster Razz But then again i actually prefer her singing because i don't like Tarja's Razz
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Well there you go then. She may have had a better night for you than at Birmingham. It got 4/5 in the new Kerrang! magazine anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidtourniquet Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:35 pm

I never heard them do slaying the dreamer, got wishmaster and dead to the world as the non once/DPP songs. Wishmaster she did struggle and she tried to the higher register for some of dark chest of wonders at glasgow and sounded a bit wrong.

davidtourniquet
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Yeah, she did the same at the Birmingham concert. Slaying the dreamer was really good though. I think what they are doing is switching the old songs for each concert. There was a playlist in the concert programme but it was different from the one they did on the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by wildchild Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:15 pm

davidtourniquet wrote:What annoys me is that she said, oh I don't like metal and I want to do opera when I've finished with nightwish and then goes and creates a band. With one of the cover songs being guess what: the phantom of the opera.
yeah,that annoys me too.That's why I totally lost my respect for her
wildchild
wildchild
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 163

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by themetalinme Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 pm

she was asking for it really and nobody was enjoying being in the band
themetalinme
themetalinme
Nightguest
Nightguest

Female
Number of posts : 262

Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarygothgirl Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 pm

I understand it was difficult for her, but she did make it more difficult for herself. I'm quite sure she never actually wanted to be a singer in the first place... When they started the band it was just for fun and they promised not to do any live shows.
Scarygothgirl
Scarygothgirl
Creek Mary's Blood
Creek Mary's Blood

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kahlan Fri May 16, 2008 2:58 am

I think that with a little bit of talking they could have sorted things out. I met Tarja personally and she is truly a kind person and I never get where those accusations came from. What strikes me in Marcelo's reply to the fans is how he says there was a lack of communication in the band, it's truly a pity.

Nightwish and Tarja are ok musically separated, but together they made such great music and there was such a strong chemistry between them... I'm really sad they parted ways. So IMO I'd say they weren't right to sack her and they should have tried to work things out in a different way.
kahlan
kahlan
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Number of posts : 12

Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiaLeFey Fri May 16, 2008 3:21 am

kahlan wrote:I think that with a little bit of talking they could have sorted things out. I met Tarja personally and she is truly a kind person and I never get where those accusations came from. What strikes me in Marcelo's reply to the fans is how he says there was a lack of communication in the band, it's truly a pity.

Nightwish and Tarja are ok musically separated, but together they made such great music and there was such a strong chemistry between them... I'm really sad they parted ways. So IMO I'd say they weren't right to sack her and they should have tried to work things out in a different way.

I very much agree with my twin here. I've read all the open letters and Marcelo's reply. I've thought about all of this in my head may times over. And if we all actually think about it none of us know the real truth. We are judging Tarja by what the open letter says and I don't think it's the full honest truth considering Tuomas is known for only giving his version of it. I'd take Tuomas's word with a grain of salt. I've heard from various sources that if you want the truth to talk to Marco. But also it did become evident reading all of this that they weren't speaking to each other the full truth of the why they weren't is really none of our business. But I don't think they had a right to go about sacking Tarja the way they did. If they were ready to part ways musically they could have done it in a more amiable way. If they sat down and actually communicated things would have been much different instead of all the bashing and backstabbing that happened. In case any of us haven't learned the value of communication in life it works. If the band would have used it then I might agree to the end result but due to the means they chose to have Tarja removed from the band and the after effects they put to her by nearly ruining her reputation and splitting the fans nearly in two I do not agree nor will I ever.
LeiaLeFey
LeiaLeFey
Sleeping Sun
Sleeping Sun

Female
Number of posts : 49

Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next